The French call it ‘Craquelure’ the Italian ‘crettatura’—Fringe calls it ‘coveted’.

 Mirrors, pottery, ceramics, leather and…everyone excluding Dorian Grey or most of the cast of “Real Housewives’—should celebrate the pattern of dense "cracking" formed on the surface of materials, either as part of the process of graceful aging. While it can be part of its original design often deliberate—its usually called "crackle". 


We’re fans.

audrey wells